Tribes & Culture of North East India
Routes: Imphal / Kohima/ Tezpur/ Ziro/ Daporijo / Aalo / Pasighat / Dibrugarh / Miao / Rajanagar / Dibrugarh Airport Drop
Manipur – Nagaland – Arunachal Pradesh
About the TRIP
Manipur – Nagaland – Arunachal Pradesh Road Trip
- Culture & Traditions of Local Tribes of Manipur, Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh.
- Witness the Hornbill Festival (1st week of December in each year).
- Virgin Natural Beauty
- Loktak Lake (Largest Fresh Water lake in North East India)
Duration: 18 Nights/19 Days
Best time to visit: Nov 1 st to April 30th of each year (especially during Hornbill Festival)
1. All the itineraries will be made with utmost effort. The itineraries are subject to change without prior notice if some unavoidable circumstances arrive.
2. We are not responsible for any law and order, strikes, natural calamity etc.
Day 01: Arrival in IMPHAL, the Capital of Manipur
Our tour representative will welcomes you at Imphal airport and transfer to Hotel.
Post lunch visit IMA Bazaar, Imperial War Cemetery.
Overnight stay in Imphal.
Day 02 : In Imphal
After early breakfast see a special cultural performance, Manipuri Cultural Extravaganza, by Meiti a cultural show. Then visit Kangla Museum…The ruins of the Palace of Kangla are in the city centre, surrounded by a moat.
Overnight stay in Imphal Hotel.
Note : Cultural program ( Manipuri Cultural Show) will be performed by professionals which will include 1 Kabui Naga Dance, Khamba Thoibi Dance, Thang Taa, Pung Cholom , Raas Reela , the duration of the program is approx 1 Hr.
Day 03: IMPHAL-LOKTAK LAKE -IMPHAL
Post breakfast drive to Loktak Lake “Floating Lake” (50km, 1hr 45mins), you will enjoy the boat ride and see the floating houses in the lake. It is a largest fresh water lake in North East India.
Overnight stay in Imphal Hotel.
Day 04: Imphal to Kohima of Nagaland ( 149 Kms, 4 to 5 hours drive)
Drive to Kohima and reach in afternoon. If time permits we will attend the Hornbill Festival.
Day 05: Kohima, The Capital of Nagaland
Attend the hornbill festival.
Hornbill festival is one of the biggest ethnic festival in Asia. You can see the culture, dance, cuisines of around 16 recognised tribes of Nagaland in one place.
In Afternoon, visit State Museum and Local Market.
Overnight stay in Hotel.
Day 06: Kohima
After early breakfast, move to Khonoma Green Village, around 1 hour drive. Afternoon, visit 2nd World War Cemetry and remaining time spent at Hornbill Festival.
Day 07: Kohima to Tezpur on the Northern bank Brahmaputra of Assam (7 to 8 Hours drive)
Post breakfast, move to Tezpur in Assam and check in hotel.
Overnight stay in Tezpur Hotel.
Day 08 : Tezpur to Ziro of Central Arunachal Pradesh (280 Kms, 7 Hours drive).
After breakfast move to Ziro.
Overnight stay in Hotel.
Day 09: At Ziro
Whole day Visit Apatani Tribal villages, such as HONG, BULLA, HARI, HIJA etc. Also visit Craft Emporium, Museum and Local Market.
The Apatani Tribal people are distinct by their looks with a nose plug and tattoo marks on the face. Evening, enjoy Apatani DAMINDA Cultural programme.
Overnight stay at Ziro Hotel.
Day 10: Ziro – Daporijo
Post breakfast drive to Damporijo along Kamla River (165kms, 5-6hrs). Enroute visit Muri Mugli and Dokum village of Hill Miri tribe. The Hill Miri tribe are very good hunters. Though their houses are not so well made but are decorated with the trophies of the animals.
Day 11: Daporijo to Aalo (Old name: Along)
After early breakfast drive to Aalo (170kms, 7-8hrs). Enroute visit Adi and Galong Villages at Bame, Dula, Tapi and Bara Rupak.
Overnight stay at Aalo.
Day 12: At Aalo
Full day in Aalo.
Visit Adi and Galong Village including Pobdi, Kabu and Kombo. See architectural feats including the Cane suspension Bridge over Yomgo (Siyom) River-a marvel of untutored engineering skills. Evening PONUNG Cultural dances of Adi & Galong tribe.
Overnight stay In Aalo.
Day 13: Aalo – Pasighat, 95 kms, 2 to 3 hours drive.
After breakfast drive to Pasighat, visit Adi Minyong Villages around PASIGHAT
Drive along River Siang, and visit Jamlo, Mongku, Yeksi & Pangin villages of Adi Minyong enroute.
Overnight stay in Pasighat.
Day 14 : Pasighat to Dibrugarh in Assam
After breakfast drive to Dibrugarh (155kms, 5-6hrs), cross the river Brahmaputra by Private Ferry on to Dibrugarh.
Overnight stay in Dibrugarh.
Day 15 : Dibrugarh to Miao in Changland District of Eastern Arunachal Pradesh
After breakfast drive to Miao (160 km, 4-5 Hours). Post Lunch, visit Yumchum village inhabited by Tangsas. Tangsas are classified as other Naga tribes.
Day 16: In Miao
After breakfast, visit Tibetan settlement camp near Miao (2km). After that visit Wangchu houses at Upper Miao (2km).
Day 17: Miao to Rajanagar, 50 KM, 2 Hours drive.
After breakfast, proceed for Rajanagar a Nocte village in Bordumsa circle (50km-2 hours drive from Miao).
Day 18 : RAJANAGAR-DIBRUGARH
After breakfast drive to Dibrugarh (185kms, 5-6hrs). Afternoon is free and overnight stay at Dibrugarh.
Day 19: Drop at Dibrugarh Airport
Move to Dibrugarh for onward journey.
What is Included:
- Private transportation by Toyota Innova or similar (All sightseeing , transfer, long drive, pick up and drop).
- Accommodation on Twin/Double sharing basis as per itinerary.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- 1 elephant safari and 1 round of Jeep safari in Kaziranga with all applicable entry fee.
- 1 Jungle Trail and 1 River rafting in Nameri National Park with all applicable entry fee.
- Permits for Arunachal Pradesh.
- 3 (Three) cultural programme in Arunachal Pradesh and 1 cultural programme in Imphal.
- Guide Fee, Car Parking, River crossing by Ferry as per itinerary.
- All permits and entries.
- 4 no drinking water bottle Daily.
- All applicable Taxes.
What is NOT Included?
- Camera Fee
- Other meals such as Tea, Coffee, Snacks etc apart from mentioned in INCLUDES column.
- Cost for Travel Insurance, airfare, train fare or any other internal fare.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, soft drinks, mineral water, porter, tip, phone calls etc.
- Liability for or insurance against personal injury, loss of life, accidents or loss of goods.
- Expenses incurred due to change in oil price, mishaps, landslide, strike, political unrest etc. In such case, extra will be charged as per actual which will be collected directly from the guest.